This month's TRUTH is the New Black marks a very special occasion.
It's our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. Come celebrate with us!
I'm honored to have as our 'anniversary' featured guest, Amy Wang.
Last year. Amy, along with herOrange Glad partner, Jacquie Chang,
were my very first featured guests. They dazzled andinspired us.
So here we are, one year later and Amy joins the conversation with
some big news, some inspiring and practical insights
and of course (as always) some deep truths.
So, while in some very real (and very deep changes (aka: "letting go") herself)
Amy and I are diving in and talking about walking away
from what's not serving you, that JOY is worth fighting for,
whyletting go hurts (always has - always will),
why shedding + taking long deep breaths + NOT waiting until you're ready,
holds so much magic and how making space is a creative loving act
for calling in what you really want.
When it comes to business, Amy's no stranger to 'pivoting',
to making 'tough decisions', to leading 'less than popular negotiations'
and she'd be the first to tell you that, it's not always easy.
She'd also be the first to say, "it's always worth it!"
We have the immense pleasure of learning from someone
who's not only 'done it' but who's actually in the midst of it "right now".
As the CEO of two companies; Orange Glad ( an online monthly dessert
subscription business) and Dawn Design Studio (a boutique design agency),
we could not be happier to have Amy with us for this month's TRUTH!
Some things we'll be addressing and talking about:
- Why do you wait to... leave? change? walk away?
- What's really worth fighting for?
- What do you need to walk away from?
- What in your life is no longer serving you?
- Your work (your business or your job)?
- Your relationship?
- Your expectations?
- Your friendships?
- Your faith?
- Your space?
- Your procrastination?
- Your over... spending? eating? complaining?
- Your own BS that's keeping you from feeling the way you actually want to feel?
- What feels like an ill-fitting pair of shoes? You know that feeling, when you can't wait to get them off?
How do You Know When It’s Time to Walk Away?
- Your body knows before your head does, so "check in" (deeply and often)
- TRUST your deepest knowingness. You already know the answer
- It's no longer fun
- You dread the very thought it
- You are chronically avoiding it and you're perpetually late to show up for it
- You're always daydreaming about 'getting away from it'
- Anxiety + Depression + Insomnia
- You spend a great deal (if not all of) your time complaining about it (to yourself or anyone who will still listen to you)
- You find yourself looking in the mirror, saying, "How did I get here? How did this happen?"
- Right now (reading this) you're feeling relieved or sick to your stomach because it resonates, it lands, it's truth. If that's the case, I'd say, "you're ready".
If that last statement feels true to you, then you're ready. If you're scared... that's normal. If you're uncertain, you're not alone. if you want more, go get it. Stop waiting. It's time.
The universal TRUTH is this. You are free to choose. And you do. Every day! Whether it's...
- or... none of it.
Sometimes we choose the 'shadow' side of the light, but either way, it's your choice and so is "staying or walking away", "pivoting or settling".
So if you're ready to remove the obstacles, to get scrappy, to do the necessary hard work, then join us. You'll love this month's conversation.
Remember, doubt drowns solution and increased devotion to JOY deepens your TRUTH.
Your joy fighter,
Shawn Marie xo
ABOUT Truth is the New Black
TRUTH is a conversational + fireside style interview, curated and hosted by Shawn Marie Turi. She has honest + captivating conversations with savvy, creative, innovative entrepreneurs, fearless artists, brilliant trailblazers, and benevolent rule breakers.
As a creative + strategic business development consultant, Shawn Marie is a champion for entrepreneurs and women, she believes deeply that 'Business IS Personal' and she holds the space for others to be empowered by that belief.
In a beautiful "SALES FREE" space, you get to be part of genuine and inspiring conversation that goes deep, get's real and get's to the TRUTH of it all. The evening wraps with open 'all access' Q&A, where there's no questions off limits.
Yeah. We go there and we can't wait to see you!
Q's: email us @ TRUTH@ShawnMarieTuri.com
Due to the curated provisions + customized details we make for each and every event (goodie bags + surprise treats + food + beverages + seating + venue) tickets are non-refundable, but they are transferable to another person.
Just send an email to: TRUTH@ShawnMarieTuri.com. In the subject line reference: 'Guest Name Change' and let us know who will be taking your place so we can get them on the list.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing soon.
Team SMT xo